Punk is a way of thinking.
Punk is a way of believing.
Punk is not what you wear.
Punk is not Blink-182. (Sorry, folks...)
Punk is not Sum 41!
Punk, is believing what you what to believe. Punk is going against the world. Punk is not caring who stares at you says "OH MY, WHAT AN AWFUL PERSON THAT MUST BE!". Punk is feeling what you want to feel, being who you want to be, punk is being somebody.
Punk is not what you see television! Or hear on the radio. Or read about in books or magazines! Punk is not about being like all the guys with mohawks and chelseas!
PUNK IS ABOUT BEING DIFFERENT! IT'S ABOUT HAVING VOICE AND AN OPINION!
And it doesn't matter if you're rich or poor, happy or sad, black or white, catholic or atheist. It doesn't matter if you live in a house, an apartment, a basement or on the street! PUNK ACCEPTS ANYBODY! ANYBODY AND EVERYBODY!
chavs hate people they think are punks mainly because they are scared of difference and wonder why on earth someone in the whole world can use their own brain without having to chip into someine elses thoughts and feelings for a change
***punk music rawks =P***
2) chav: "oi geeza! hes a punk innit? he dow know dat da punks am dead n stuff haha (thinks to self I wish I was that independant just not using the word independant since they dont understand the meaning) Lets all go knock him ouuuw in fronta ev'ryone should be laf innit? *giant group of 400 scared chavs approch punk*
punk: "grow up ned! go get laid by someone who has actually developed tits!"
It then mutated in meaning, via an insult connoting the same, to become a term for a ruffian (mid 20th century). It was in this sense it was used in Punk Rock from 1976 onwards.
2. TRUE: Someone who does what he or she wants because they like doing it, and not giving a fuck about what other people think.
3. FALSE: Someone who can't think for themselves, so imitates people from category 2 above, in an attempt to look kewl.
2. The most truly Punk thing that Johnny Rotten did was to quit the Sex Pistols and form PIL.
3. Busted were fake punks, who have now thankfully split up.
i saw a shitload of punks down at zebra and the gilman
Punk isn't only defined by music but by attitude. Its often expressed by their clothing but many people without a retro spiked jacket and Mohawks are considerably punk. Being punk is being hard in you ways. This DOSNT mean ur a stupid jerk. Just means you know what you like and want and your not gonna just follow the grade, "go with the flow", or take any shit.
Punks= Anarchists? Cause the government gives us shit and controls us, punks don't take shit and do things they way they want so naturally anarchy is appealing.
2. n. a bratty kid
3. n. the one who gets bent and takes it in the prison showers
4. n. an anarchisti, rebellious, wealth-denying obnoxious hooligan. often associated with a (not particularly) musical revolution from mid-1970s britain and america typified by bands such as MC5, television, the clash, and the sex pistols punk rock.
5. adj. anything displaying the "i don't give a shit what you nancies think about me" and "i don't like it, fuck this bullshit" attitude
(punk is a beautifully angry thing and i like it)
Punk is about liking what you like, being yourself, saying what you think and FUCK ALL THE REST.
You don't need a two foot high red mohawk to be a punk, although that is wicked cool.
You don't need sleeves, a backpiece, or any tattoos at all to be punk.
You don't need a Misfits, Casualties, Sex Pistols or any band like that jacket to be punk.
You don't need anything to be punk except for awareness, self respect, respect for others and an open mind.
PUNK IS NOT DEAD.