The shabby-arsed useless tit of an assistant who attempts to follow orders given to him by a Land Surveyor.
Chainmen tend to be:
1) students of the Surveyhood whilst gaining vital survey experience in the off peak periods
2) Career chainmen - nasty rabid, fly blown and flea bitten pieces of work who, for some reason, are all smokers and have filthy beards.
Chainmen (or chainpersons) are responsible for:
- Keeping the survey vessels (see rust bucket) in reasonable cleanly order and with appropriate amount of stocks
- holding the prism pole for the surveyor (as the surveyor can only be in one place at one time unfortunately...)
- Following orders from the surveyor
- Filling the air with cigarette smoke and the nasal twang of bogan accents
- Generally making a balls up of every possible situation
Surveyor: "My chainman didn't sharpen the brush hook for use in the field today."
Draftsperson: "So what did you do?"
Surveyor: "I took him out the back and shot him."
Draftsperson: "Oh, good!"
Prices shown in USD.
Poniżej wpisz swój adres e-mail, aby codziennie rano otrzymywać na niego słowo dnia Urban Dictionary !
Maile są wysyłane z adresu firstname.lastname@example.org. Obiecujemy, że nie będziemy wysyłać żadnego spamu.
Log in with Facebook to save your favorite definitions
and share them with friends.